Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I convince my parents into getting me a guinea pig?

My friend brought in a baby guinea pig today and i was wondering if anybody knows how I can convince my parents in getting me one. I've tried when I was younger but gave up to early.How do I convince my parents into getting me a guinea pig?
you should do research and tell your parents all you know about them, and what great of a pet they make. I mean really go all out on learning about them and their quirks, likes and dislikes, their nativity and instinct, what size of house he needs, how often he eats per day and what times and where he would prefer to play.





Or bat your pretty lashes at Dad and ask sweetly, ';pleeeeeaze.. ? I'll take such good care of him..'; lol that usually works prety well ; ]How do I convince my parents into getting me a guinea pig?
The best thing to do is to a lot of reasearch maybe give them a little show about them get pictures of them and all the cost.

Report Abuse



show your interest in them, agree to do laundry/ chores for a week! but alot of people get these pets, love them for a week, then completey ignore them. make sure you really want it and are dedicated to it, they need lots of love!
well when i wanted a pet cat i did tons of research on cats. i made a very neat organized ';cat'; binder where i had put all the information i researched. i presented it to them and told them why i wanted a cat, how i was going to pay for it, why cats were good pets....blah blah blah


so basically you can research guinea pigs and find out all different kinds of information on them such as what they eat, what kind of cage they need, how long they live.... and find a creative way to present your information to your parents. and when all else fails show them cute pictures of guinea pigs or take them to the pet store and show them the guinea pigs and make them see how cute and adorable they are.





heres some info on guinea pigs:





Food:they eat guinea pig food which you can find in pretty much any pet store (i feed mine fiesta guinea pig food) and they need unlimited amouts of fresh timothy hay. they also like fresh veggies (mine like lettuce and carrots) a couple times a week.





Housing: they need a pretty big cage to live in, here is a great website to visit for the cage http://www.guineapigcages.com/





Excersize: unlike hamsters they cant run on a wheel because their back isnt as flexible so thats why they need a big cage, so they can run around. you should also let them out of their cages a couple times a week for excersize.





Cleaning: their cage needs to be cleaned at least once a week. you really dont need to bathe guinea pigs unless they get dirty or smelly. if you do need to bathe them, they make special shampoo for small animals (directions are on the bottle)





Bedding: the pet store has all different kinds of bedding you could use for the bottom of the cage. a good cheap bedding i use is aspen. any bedding should be fine as long as you dont use cedar because it can be harmful to your piggy.





Things you should know: some important things you should know are, their teeth never stop growing so you need to buy chew sticks they can chew on to naw down their teeth, they like privacy so a good hide out is good (such as a pigloo), they drink water like crazy so make sure they have fresh food and water each day





Good Luck convincing your parents!!!
show them how responsible you really are!


Do the house chores, and never argue with them, just agree and try the next day. I guess arguing makes them unconvinced about getting you one!


If you have any other animals, pay lots of attention to them and treat them properly!
The best way to convince your parents that you are ready for a guinea pig is to show them that you have researched guinea pigs and know what you are getting into.





Check out the links below. They cover everything from care to cages to diet to health. Once you have done your research, your parents will see that you are being responsible and that you will take caring for a guinea pig seriously.





Best of luck!
I used some of these I deas to convince my mom to get me a guinea pig. Belive me, they work:


Research it and print out infromation on care. If you have other pets take over all care for them. Contact local breeders (pet stores can ussually give you phone numbers) and talk to them about owning a piggie. Show her you are passionate about this. Raise money for cage, food, and the pig itself.Offer to pay for part of expences. Go to local pet stores and calculate the cost of toys and cage. Make a ';Chore Chart'; of what you would do daily to take care of it. Find stories online of guinea pigs that are great pets. Make a contract saying what you would do to take care of it and say if you neglect it she can get rid of it. Ask if you can have it as a reward if you ace a test or report card. If your birthday is comming up you can say that is all you want.





Good luck!
I wanted to answer this because just yesterday i helped my sister into convincing my parents to get her gerbils. what she did was.....


she did LOTS of research. She was constantly searching information on gerbils. She typed up lots of information, and put it together very neatly and presented it to my parents. This shows that you really care about this and that you are responsible enough





My sister told them how she REALLY will take care of them, and she also proved this with some information she gave my parents.





It worked! She can now have 2 gerbils. I did the same thing a year ago to get a hamster and now im doing it to get a leopard gecko.





So you should try it!! It works for us. I hope it works for you.

2 comments:

  1. Just show them cute videos commit to do EVERYTHING for the cute little thing... advertise persuade just ANYTHING that convinces your parents. I still want another guinea pig after what happened to my old one... (Let's just say he had a disease that popped his throat and broke off his tooth.. but no worries he was 5 :) I got over him easily. Hope this worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow :)
    This is an incredible collection of ideas!
    Waiting for more helpful pieces.
    You would amazing to read a similar one here-
    pet norm

    ReplyDelete